WE ARE DOING 3 MOS RENTALS! GREAT HOUSES AND GREAT DEALS!
MOLECULAR COVID TEST REQUIRED …OUR HOUSE-OUR RULES- HONOR THEM!!!…..masks required. distancing required. sanitizing required. 10pm-5am curfew. fines imposed
Vieques misses you, but before coming, you need to know what to expect, and the effect that bringing COVID19 would have on Vieques:
- We have NO HOSPITAL:
o Someone in need of life-saving care must be transported out via a limited and
unreliable Medevac flight. This includes you.
- Our population is largely ELDERLY:
o Many are in multigenerational homes with family members working in the service
industry. Community spread here would be devastating.
- Your “VACATION” MAY NOT BE WHAT YOU EXPECT:
o Many establishments are choosing to stay closed out of concern for residents’ health,
including many of our beloved beaches, restaurants, tours, and excursions. BUT, many beaches are currently open…..
- Our FERRY IS A LIMITED TO RESIDENTS ONLY RIGHT NOW:
o Taking up a seat on the ferry right now may prevent a resident from accessing basic
supplies, and appointments with healthcare specialists. If you are able, please fly.
If your choice to travel to Vieques during this pandemic stands, please follow these GOVERNMENT MANDATED
safety protocols by Governor Orders 2020-044 while you are here, to protect our residents and your families:
- NEGATIVE MOLECULAR TEST RESULTS are REQUIRED on arrival to SJU (must have
been done within 72 hours prior to arrival)
- Masks are REQUIRED except for eating and swimming
- Social distancing is REQUIRED
- Frequent sanitizing is crucial to prevent spread
- If you might have been exposed, you must quarantine for 14 days.
- Breaking the 10pm-5am curfew may result in a heavy fine.
If you feel sick once here, immediately isolate yourself in your accommodations, contact the Department of
Health 24-hour hotline at 787-999-6202, or Doctor Ivette Amalia Perez at 787-468-2000 or 787-607-0893.
We hope this helps you to make an informed decision on whether to travel to Vieques at this time.
Please stay safe, and help keep the people of Vieques safe.