Delay travels here….CDC – COVID-19 NEW Order
Starting August 30th 2021
- The new executive order, which comes into effect on August 30, requires vaccination of all employees who work in person in beauty salons, barber shops, beauty salons, spas, gyms, childcare centers, supermarkets, grocery stores ( including those authorized for the WIC Program), casinos and gas station stores. In the case of some of these businesses, they will also be required to request vaccination from their visitors or, alternatively, the capacity will be reduced by 50%.
- “Given the significant increase in infections, as governor I have the responsibility and duty to continue to closely monitor the daily statistics issued by the Department of Health and to take the necessary measures to guarantee the health of all. The vaccine has been tested and it works. Unfortunately we are seeing that 98% of those hospitalized and the vast majority of deaths are people who are not vaccinated. We all have an individual responsibility to protect ourselves, ”said the governor. In a press release, the chief executive reported that the businesses that will have to request proof of vaccination from their clients are beauty salons, barber shops, beauty salons, spas, gyms and casinos.
- In the case, both employees and visitors will have to be vaccinated or present a negative COVID-19 test carried out within a maximum of 72 hours before entering the store. Another option is for the client to submit a positive COVID-19 result from the past three months, along with documentation of their recovery. On the other hand, supermarkets, grocery stores, gas station stores and childcare centers will have to demand the vaccine from their employees. If they are not vaccinated, they must demonstrate to their employer that by August 30 they began the vaccination process with the first dose and that they completed the cycle by October 15 if they require the two doses of Pfizer or Moderna.
- For supermarkets, gas stations and WIC wont require consumers to show evidence of vaccine or negative test yet.
- The new decree allows employees to request an exception for medical and religious reasons, but they must submit weekly negative COVID-19 results of 72 hours or less, or positive test of virus recovery of at least three months.
- Any person or company that fails to comply with the new guidelines is exposed to a maximum of six months in jail, a fine that will not exceed $ 5,000 or both, at the discretion of the Court.
Starting September 2nd 2021
Businesses must close from 12am-5am for all companies that receive public. (exceptions include restaurants that have drive thru)
Prohibited sale and consumption of alcohol 12am-5am everywhere.
Masks required on all indoor spaces private and public. This also includes outdoor spaces that have more than 50+ people
KN95 masks are required for healthcare.
Elective surgeries are postponed.
Anchoring multiple boats together is prohibited.
You may anchor boats 100 yards away from coast.
Currently in Effect
- 😷Masks covering mouth & nose, have been re-instated regardless of vaccine status, however. Please carry Vaccine Card at all times.
- Children or people who are not vaccinated but are within the family nucleus and in an outdoor setting as long as they are within a family nucleus can be without a mask. (ex. beach, parks, swimming, playing sports etc). Proof of family may be required, so please have ID.
- 🏖️ Beaches, rivers, resorts, hotels, and marinas are open 7 days/week.
- 🍽️ This applies to restaurants, retail businesses, medical offices, funeral services, recreational, sports, equestrian, film, financial, community, consumer services, professional, non-professional, college and post-secondary, care centers, religious, government agencies, among other analogs. May be open 7 days/week.
- 🏋 Casinos, gyms, theaters, and amphitheaters may be open restrictions are in place.
- 🍺 Bars, chinchorros, stadiums, and club openings ARE OPEN BUT MUST REMAIN CLOSED DURING 12AM-5AM. NO ALCOHOL SALE OR CONSUMPTION DURING THESE TIMES.
- ⛴️ Ferries to Vieques & Culebra Priority to residents, emergency personnel and people that have businesses in the municipal islands will have priority over tourists. The maritime transportation of tourists to the municipal islands of Vieques and Culebra will be governed by executive orders issued by the respective mayors. Check Culebra & Vieques EO’s for more info. Culebra Municipality Page & Vieques Municipality Page
- 🌳 El Yunque National Forest and Camuy Caverns are open, but reservations are required for entry (available at Recreation.gov)
- ⚠️ All international travelers and travelers that are not vaccinated arriving in Puerto Rico are required to submit a travel declaration with contact tracing info, & proof of a negative COVID-19 molecular-based (PCR) test.
- All domestic passengers fully vaccinated arriving on the island through the international airports Luis Muñoz Marín, Mercedita in Ponce and Rafael Hernández, in Aguadilla, coming from the United States only need to fill the travel declaration form and upload your vaccine card (have your card physically with you as well). It will be updated May 28th so you can upload your vaccine record. Traveler Declaration can be found: https://www.travelsafe.pr.gov/ (if traveling before the 28th you will still need a negative PCR COVID result or Antigen or face the $300 fine).
- Remember waiting period after the vaccine is 2 weeks, this is when you are fully vaccinated, prior to two weeks your not considered fully vaccinated.
- Completing the traveler’s declaration includes, among other things, attach a copy of the “COVID-19 Vaccination Record Card ” if fully vaccinated or a negative result of COVID-19 PCR TEST or Antigen. (ANTIGEN ONLY APPLIES TO DOMESTIC FLIGHTS, INTERNATIONAL FLIGHTS WILL REQUIRE A NEGATIVE PCR TEST)
- International, travelers or travelers that are not vaccinated incoming from an international destination, must present to the pertinent authorities a molecular test (PCR) that must be carried out 72 hours before. If they do not bring the negative result OR upload their negative PCR result, it will result in an $300 fine YOU HAVE 48HRS TO PROVIDE A RESULT OR YOUR FINE WILL BE CHARGED. IF YOU EXCEED 48 HRS AND DO NOT PROVIDE A RESULT AND YOUR CAUGHT OUT AND ABOUT, AS YOU ARE POSSIBLY EXPOSING OTHERS. YOU FACE UP TO $5,000 FINE OR 6 MONTHS IN JAIL OR A COMBINATION OF BOTH. WHEN ARRIVING IN PR WITHOUT A RESULT YOU ARE ALREADY IN NON-COMPLIANT. TESTING EXPENSES ARE COVERED BY TRAVELERS OR IF THEIR INSURANCE IF IT COVERS THEM.
You can pay the fine at the airport (cash, card, wire, etc) fine is issued upon arrival for noncompliance.
- SARA ALERTS – Texts alerts and calls must be responded to. (QR CODE SCAN)
- The option for quarantine for people that come without a test HAS BEEN REMOVED.
- The airport has a testing facility working in various terminals, the test is administered there is a PCR test similar to the ID NOW which is also a PCR test. There are also PCR tests available in various pharmacies so there’s no excuse on why a visitor doesn’t want to test or abide by the current EO. The antigen is also now being accepted ONLY FOR DOMESTIC FLIGHTS.
- AIRPORT TESTING IS AVAILABLE AT VARIOUS TERMINALS MORE INFO HERE: https://www.covidtestingpr.com/Airport…
- Providing fake documents, not filling your traveler declaration, not responding to the text alerts, providing fake information, results to deceive authorities is punishable by local and federal laws, you can face up to 3 years in prison.
- If you are traveling and your result comes back as positive, you will have to quarantine at your expense. DO NOT BREAK QUARANTINE: fine will be issued of 5,000, face 6 months in jail or a combination of both, for breaking quarantine.
- It was reported that the government will strengthen the requirement for molecular testing to reach Puerto Rico. Likewise, it was indicated that the number of agents is doubling to support the Investigative Unit of the Department of Health that oversees compliance with the new Executive Order. In addition, the police presence through public places will also continue to ensure compliance with the Order that establishes greater restrictions. On the other hand, educational campaigns are expanding.
- Safe site – https://travelsafe.pr.gov/ for details, and to submit your contact tracing information
- Marinas and boats may still be used, however, the anchoring of boats together prohibited
- Public or private schools can continue online but face-to-face school is now back in session.
- 🪁 The reopening of the public and private schools, Head Start and Early Head Start centers have resumed, whoever they must comply with the protocol of the Department of Health for the reopening of educational centers when announced.
- 🎊 Restricted family visits to long-term care centers for the elderly, prison complexes, and juvenile institutions are authorized, following protocols of the Department of Health, the Department of the Family, the Department of Correction and Rehabilitation, and the Office of the Ombudsman for the Elderly, as the case may be.
- Negative PCR Test, or Evidence of Vaccination for concerts and sports and event venues. Some venues may have reserved space for non-vaccinated people, but they are not required to.
- Regarding the events, the Administrative Order of the Department of Health indicates that the organizers, owners, administrators or similar person who carry out and organize events or public and private operations and who attend or receive an audience of 500 people or more simultaneously, will be obliged to require that anyone who attends such activity shows evidence of a vaccine or presents a negative result of a COVID-19 antigen test performed 24 hours before the event.
- It is required that venues and organized events, organizers, administrators carry a log of their guest, for contact tracing in case of any positive case emerges.
- Outdoor spaces may operate without limiting the percentage of capacity, but avoiding overcrowding. At all times, a physical distance of six feet must be maintained between people who are not from the same family unit.
- Camping is now permitted.
- As a requirement to carry out the activity, all participants must have a negative result for COVID-19 from a qualified SARS-CoV2 viral test – nucleic acid amplification tests (NAAT) and antigen tests – performed within the 72 hours before the event.
- 😍 Check with airlines and destinations prior to departing as certain jurisdictions and states have requirements prior to departing Puerto Rico. (Remember CDC issues guidelines, not laws)
- Stricter measures in tourist areas to be enforced due to recent events.
- Vaccines will be available for general local residents from 12 yrs+ starting April 12th 2021. Proof of residence required. Will not be available to tourists/visitors.
- 🇵🇷 Keep in mind these are modifications may happen at any time depending on the COVID numbers.